Catching Up on Front End Web Dev
Circa 2005-2007 I was obsessed with Ruby and then later Rails. 2007-2009 was when I was really into web dev and was writing PHP to talk to MySQL and also pretending I knew anything about design. Boy was I wrong. This is probably when I was writing the most code in my life.
But around 2009 I fell into IT. 2011 I landed into testing, test automation, PM etc. I've been on the testing and project management side of webdev for a while now. I haven't made more than a simple HTML/CSS landing page in the last few years. I've been on the testing end of React and Node projects since ~2015 but never bothered to learn the stack.
where my head has been lately:
- wish they had flexbox when i was a kid
- css grid might be too magic for me
- do we still need resets, seems like it
- variables, in MY CSS, well I never!
- do we still care about microformats
- is print.css still a thing?
- view height CSS!? what a time to be alive!
- code schools should start teaching Vue/React from day one