Drinking From The Firehose
Whether you are a PM or QA, you want to have your finger on the pulse of a project. If you've got Slack, you can leverage applications and integrations to find that vein.
Create a dedicated channel in Slack expressly for alerts so the team can have the main room for conversations. In your alerts channel pipe in everything. Literally, I mean it. If it exists, set up something for it. Here's an example list to get you up and going.
- Project tracker: Jira, Trello, Asana
- CI/CD system: CircleCI, Jenkins
- Code repository: GitHub, GitLab
- Test Case management tool:
- Client blog: or other passive client news, google alert
- Project email list: pipe it directly into Slack
- Filesharing tool, eg: Dropbox
- Calendar: Google or whathaveyou
- Design mocks: Zeplin